Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of services, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who activates all of them in everyone. To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. – 1 Corinthians 12:4–7
My Vestry responsibility is Liaison for Parish Life. The Parish Life Commission works to ensure that St. Peter’s has plenty of events for all of us to gather for hospitality and fellowship. It takes many hands to plan and provide opportunities to extend hospitality to each other and to St. Peter’s guests in a warm welcoming manner. In an effort to increase and improve our hospitality, I want to invite you, and all parishioners, to participate in the Ministry Fair and Time & Talent Potluck Luncheon on Sunday, August 25 after the 10:45 a.m. worship service, to learn how you can use your time and your talents to make St. Peter’s a friendlier, more loving and more enjoyable place.
There are several ways you can use your gifts, talents and skills to make St. Peter’s a more welcoming community. And to have fun doing so! We invite you to get involved in one or more of these hospitality events that make our church so special and welcoming:
- Lead or join the Parish Life Commission.
- Join a Coffee Hour Team – set up and serve light snacks, coffee and lemonade one Sunday per month.
- Join a Holy Chow Team – cook and serve breakfast one Sunday per month.
- Coordinate and/or assist with the Shrove Tuesday Dinner Team once per year.
- Join the High Sunday Brunch Team (once per year on the first Sunday after Easter).
- Coordinate and/or assist in setting up the Parish Picnic in June each year.
- Participate in a Dinner Group.
- Assist with occasional special receptions throughout the year.
With your help, St. Peter’s will continue to be a warm, loving, and joyful parish where all people are welcomed in and made to feel a part of the community. Please contact me (email@example.com, 704-502-3884), if you are willing to use your talents and a little bit of your time to help to make these important fellowship events happen throughout the year.
Harris Holt, Vestry Liaison for Parish Life