For Easter 2021 we are thrilled to announce that we’re able to hold indoor worship at St. Peter’s. This week, the Diocese of North Carolina determined that every parish may host worshippers indoors for Easter services. Based on the diocesan guidance and in consultation with the Senior Warden and staff members, we believe that 75 is a good maximum number for us right now, considering the size of our nave and the safety of those worshipping. Most important, our Easter Day schedule should enable anyone who feels comfortable worshipping indoors an option. For some, even 75 may seem a stretch and offerings reflect that. Pre-registration is required. More details are below.
Pre-registration links are on the home page of our website and linked below for Palm Sunday, The Great Vigil of Easter, and Easter Day. So that we can accommodate as many as possible on Easter Day, you will be asked to identify your preferred service in addition to other service times you would be willing to attend. If that service has already filled to capacity when you register, we will automatically register you for one of your other choices in the order you specify. You will receive a confirmation email by Wednesday, March 31.
For those without access to email, or if you have trouble navigating the registration form, please contact the parish office and a member of the staff will be glad to assist you.
Our full Holy Week and Easter schedule provides many opportunities to gather, both in person and virtually:
Holy Eucharist for pre-registered worshippers, 9:00 a.m. (25 person capacity, registration is closed)
Palm Sunday Holy Eucharist (livestream), 10:30 a.m.
Communion from the Reserved Sacrament in the Churchyard and private prayer in the Church, 5:00–6:00 p.m.
Maundy Thursday Holy Eucharist (livestream), 7:00 p.m. with Bishop Diocesan, the Right Reverend Sam Rodman preaching.
Solemn Good Friday liturgy (livestream), 12:00 p.m.
Self-guided Stations of the Cross in the Church, 1:00–3:00 p.m.
Great Vigil of Easter
The Easter Vigil Holy Eucharist for pre-registered worshippers and livestream, 8:00 p.m. (75 person capacity)
The Sunday of the Resurrection: Easter Day
Holy Eucharist (livestream), 11:00 a.m.
Holy Eucharist for pre-registered worshippers, 9:00 a.m. (75 person capacity), 1:00 p.m. (50 person capacity), 3:00 p.m. (50 person capacity), and 5:00 p.m. (25 person capacity)
Safety Information and Further Details
For those interested in attending in-person worship, there are a few important points to keep in mind.
- Based on CDC guidance, those at high risk of severe illness who have not yet been vaccinated should consider carefully if attending indoor worship is right for them at this time.
- Those who choose to attend will be required to wear a mask at all times. (Children under the age of two are not required to mask.) Extra masks and hand sanitizer will be available.
- Social distancing between households will be enforced throughout the parish facilities.
- We will follow Diocesan and CDC protocols, ensuring a safe worship experience for all, regardless of vaccination status.
- At this time we are unable to provide childcare for our in-person worship offerings, but please know that parishioners of every age are welcome to attend.
- All of our liturgical observances will continue to be livestreamed.