St. Peter’s is working to reopen our nursery soon! When open, the nursery will provide childcare for children from birth to age 4, 8:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. each Sunday.
We are excited to announce that St. Peter’s has hired longtime and much-loved caregivers: Kendra Evans, Valerie Sanders, and Wendie Molina to staff the nursery, no longer using a staffing agency. In doing so, this will limit the adults coming in contact with the children, providing more consistency, quality, and familiarity for our youngest parishioners and their parents. Two of the care providers will be with us each Sunday.
In addition to the regular procedures, the following COVID protocols will be in place:
- Nursery staff and volunteers are required to be vaccinated.
- It is strongly recommended that children 2-4 years old wear a cloth face covering (CFC) while indoors.
- All adults will wear a CFC indoors until children are vaccinated.
- Children who show symptoms of COVID-19 while in the nursery will be isolated in a designated area with one adult, in the line of sight of a second adult. A parent/guardian will be texted or paged and must pick up the child immediately.
- All toys, surfaces, door handles, etc., will be frequently sanitized.
- We will limit the use of toys and those shared between children.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance/exit and should be utilized by children and adults frequently.
- For now, we will not offer snacks. In the future, a simple snack may be provided. The adult serving will wear a mask and gloves and will maintain social distancing during consumption.
- Parents will sign their children in/out (already a procedure) to facilitate contact tracing if it becomes necessary. Parents must stay on the parish campus.
As you are comfortable, we invite you to use our childcare services. Of course, children and infants are always welcome to stay with their parents in the nave. As a reminder, many of the pews are roped off to allow for distancing. If your family is not quite ready to return to in-person church yet, that’s okay too. Our live-streamed liturgies remain an option for many. Please contact Anna Hurdle (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Anna Hurdle, Director of Children’s Formation