The nursery provides childcare for children from birth to age 3, 8:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. each Sunday. Additionally, the nursery may be offered for special services and events during the parish year.
St. Peter’s hires vetted caregivers to staff the nursery. In doing so, we limit the adults coming in contact with the children, providing more consistency, quality, and familiarity for our youngest parishioners and their parents. Two of the care providers will be with us each Sunday.
In addition to the regular procedures, the following COVID protocols are in place:
- Nursery staff and volunteers are required to be vaccinated.
- All adults will wear a CFC indoors.
- If a child shows symptoms of COVID-19 while in the nursery, s/he will be isolated in a designated area with one adult, in the line of sight of a second adult. A parent/guardian will be texted or paged to pick up the child immediately.
- All toys, surfaces and door handles are frequently sanitized.
- We limit the use of toys and those shared between children.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance/exit and is utilized by children and adults frequently.
- Children may bring a snack and simple snacks are provided.
- Parents sign their children in/out each Sunday. Parents must stay on the parish campus. Please fill out a registration form (link below) to facilitate communication. Attendance records will be maintained.
- In the event that a caregiver is displaying signs of illness or has experienced a COVID exposure and we are not able to offer in-person care, the nursery space will be open for self-service comfort care, diaper changing and nursing mothers.
As you are comfortable, we invite you to use our childcare services. Of course, children and infants are always welcome to stay with their parents in the nave. Please contact Anna Hurdle (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.