Parents Connect is a group of parents of children of all ages with the purpose of connecting to God and each other. The group seeks to create a place where parents can find a spiritual home of support and love as we raise our children in community. Parents Connect enjoys formation and formal discussion, family service and social justice activities, family-oriented socials, dinner groups, and educational opportunities.
Sunday Mornings & Parents Connect Formation
On Sundays in September-May, parents of children of all ages meet in the Parents Connect Room on the second floor of the Parish House for fellowship, coffee, and conversation. On the first Sundays of every month, Parents Connect is invited to join the Parish Forum with the rest of the church community. On the third Sundays of every month Parents Connect hosts a parent-focused discussion led by clergy and other experts in the congregation, sometimes based on suggested (not required) study. Sunday mornings with Parents Connect is a place to connect with other parents in love, support, and community.
Parents Connect Events
- Social Events – every fall, spring, and summer Parents Connect hosts a social event for parents and their families. These have included backyard BBQs, family-oriented brewery trips, and parents’ wine nights.
- Social Justice & Outreach Events – every fall, spring, and summer Parents Connect hosts an event focused on the social justice our outreach ministries at St. Peter’s. These have included food drives, service visits to charitable organizations, and participation in the Pride and MLK Parades.
- Dinner Groups – parents and families participate in parish-wide dinner groups annually.
- Mom’s Night Out – Parents Connect moms gather bi-monthly for dinner and fellowship (September, November, January, March, May)
2019-2020 Parents Connect Calendar
- September 15 – Formation: A Discussion of Brene Brown’s Netflix Special-A Call to Courage
- October 13 – Parents Connect Work Day at Hawthorne Place
- October 27 – Formation: Sexuality, Gender Roles, and Our Children
- November 17 – Formation: Marriage in the Episcopal Church-A Tune Up with Lisa Cashion, MA, MDiv, LPCA
- December 14 – Parents Connect Christmas Cookie Exchange
- December 15 – Formation: Jesus and Santa-Balancing Traditions and Faith During the Holidays
- January TBD – Family Social Justice Movie Night: Screening of Small Foot and Discussion
- January 20, February 16, March 15 – Formation: Wholehearted Parenting-Raising Compassionate, Resilient Children in Beloved Community
- March 13-15 – Parish Trip to Kanuga
- April 12 – Flowering of the Easter Cross
- April 19 – Formation: Religions and Atheism-Speaking to Our Children About Different Beliefs
- May TBD – Parents Connect Galilee Community Garden Clean Up
- May 17 – Formation: A Discussion of the Podcast, “Beyond Deserving: Hope in a World of Performance”
- June TBD – Parish Family Picnic
- July TBD – Parents Connect Summer Family Breakfast
- August TBD – Parents Connect at the Charlotte Pride Parade