To nurture a community of courageous followers of Jesus and inspire love of God and love of neighbor.
To be a place of unconditional welcome and a beacon of God’s love in the heart of Charlotte.
Goal 1: Our Faith
Worship, music, liturgy, and formation.
- Explore and pilot additional worship opportunities incorporating a diverse range of liturgical and musical styles.
- Strengthen and expand adult, youth, and children’s formation opportunities.
Goal 2: Our Community
Inclusion, belonging, and congregational engagement.
- Create more opportunities for members, neighbors, and visitors to engage in the life of the church and form strong, supportive relationships.
- Establish a sustainable culture of unconditional welcome and belonging for all visitors and newcomers.
Goal 3: Our World
Outreach, social justice, service, and impact.
- Deepen St. Peter’s outreach and social justice impact by more precisely focusing grants, engagement, and partnerships.
- Engage parishioners more deeply in a wider range of outreach, social justice, and service opportunities.
Goal 4: Our Home
Staff, sacred spaces, and accessibility.
- Support the clergy and staff by adding staff positions, offering competitive compensation, and expanding continuing education opportunities.
- Complete critical building repairs and deferred maintenance to ensure the legacy of our historic and sacred spaces for future generations.
- Enhance church and parish house spaces to reflect our diversity and inclusion values and to improve physical accessibility and functionality.